Post Top Ad

A Family Of Elephants Carves Into A Pencil By Cindy Chinn


 
A Family Of Elephants Carves Into A Pencil By Cindy Chinn
 

More  Etsy | cindychinn| Facebook

My first pencil carving at this scale was of a train – and in December of 2015 it went viral across Facebook and the Internet! I was even featured on a TV show in Barcelona.
My most elaborate design has been the Elephant Walk, commissioned by the Epiphany Elephant Museum. The design started out simple, an Elephant with a foil stamped logo. Then I got carried away… after looking at reference I decided that I needed to carve a family of elephants walking across the Serengeti, because carving just one elephant wasn’t challenging enough! So I stopped keeping track of the hours… but it took a few days.
I carved the train using a 5x diopter magnifying lamp. Then I bought a 10x diopter floor lamp. Still feeling like I could get more detail, I bought a 90x Trinocular on an arm, which is basically a microscope that can be setup for a long field of working distance. I would never have been able to get the detail that I was able to get in the elephant’s skin or the baby’s trunk, which was REALLY crazy hard to carve without breaking… I found myself holding my breath a lot. h/t; Bored Panda



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Add a comment

ABOUT

AesthesiaMag site dedicated to the art with an eclectic cultural content.Your recommended dose of art, design, photography, illustration, dark art, pop culture, fashion, surrealism, all contemporary art and much more. (NSFW)